Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 2: It's all about the volunteers

I woke up with a slight headache this morning of  9 May 2011 and wondered if I should even get out of bed! A few alarm snoozes and alerts later, I was finally up and out the door. Had a quick breakfast with the my colleague, Erin and headed over to the convention center....

Meeting room One.....a long day ahead. Bags to be stuffed, signs to be put out, and more!

9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. - Our wonderful volunteers organized by SCGS assisted us in stuffing the bags and having them ready for our attendees to pick up beginning noon tomorrow. I will post the pictures tomorrow morning. A big thank you to all the volunteers who helped us out today. I am not sure what we would do without your help!

Those who can, do.  Those who can do more, volunteer.
-Author Unknown

A gorgeous day outside and we head to Mustard Seed for dinner. I highly recomment the fried green tomatoes with crab cakes.... an appetizer on the menu but definitely a meal I cherish and recommend!

Thank you Sunni, Ruth, Illyce, Susan and Erin for your wonderful company.

Signing off..... More updates tomorrow.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment