Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 1: Destination Charleston

Dulles International airport was more crowded than usual but I braved the check-in and security lines and hurried over to gate A3C for United Airlines flight 5714 to Charleston. An on-time departure, slightly bumpy flight, and an hour later it was touch down .... smooth landing!

Weather... a gorgeous 84 degrees.... definitely more humid than the DC metro area.... but I am not complaining ... yet.

I picked up my checked in bags and called the hotel (Embassy Suites) where I am staying for the week. I was instructed to head out the doors from the Baggage Claim area, walk across to the center lane, and await the complimentary airport shuttle 20 feet in front of the taxi stand. A short wait later I was sitting comfortably in a shuttle headed to the hotel. Be sure to call the hotel you are staying at to check if they offer complimentary airport shuttles. Check-in was smooth, no lines, and my shuttle driver was kind enough to bring my bags up to my room.

Off to dinner I go.... BBQ was the cuisine of choice and the restaurant Jim & Nick's. Nice restaurant and good BBQ, not the best I have ever had but the corn bread brought to the table before the meal was definitely to die for.

A good day now on to conference preparation starting tomorrow. Time to get some shut eye.

Waiting to see y'all soon! 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment